Sunday, April 17, 2011

One Year Down

I was laying in bed yesterday on a rare Saturday when we could sleep in. Josh has been working late nights this week so he really needed the extra rest. Laying there awake, I really looked at my husband. 

The reality of our first year of marriage coming up, I have been thinking more about this past year. Within 10 months of meeting this amazing man, we were married on a beautiful beach surrounded by our family. I've heard many times that Josh and I seem like we were high school sweethearts, our relationship is so natural. I do think we were made for each other. 
I am continuously amazed at the man that Josh is. His ability to love is incredible and I am so lucky to be the woman on the receiving end. He is thoughtful and considerate. He is extremely sweet, while at the same time such a strong and brave man. The person that Josh is makes me so proud to be his wife. He risks his life for people he doesn't even know. How can you inspire to be anything better than that? You can't.
He pushes me to be a better person, a more loving wife, a stronger friend. I love who I am with him. 

I get asked often I can handle being a military wife with Josh's schedule. I don't really think about how to survive each deployment. I love Josh. That's the answer. I love him so much that each trip is worth it because in the end, Josh is home. That's the big secret- love. 
The best part of the deployments is it extends our newlywed status. At this rate, we will probably be newlyweds for the rest of our lives. 

Here's to the best year of my life so far and to the many others that will only get better.

2 comments: