Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Baby Howard Week 1-10

When starting the blog, I figured it would be a great way to share our family adventures. And to be able to share the pregnancy with the family and not have to repeat the same story many times :) 

A woman doesn't actually get pregnant until around week 2. Weird, I know. Starting week 4 is when the baby starts to grow and make it's little home for 9 months. This trimester has actually been pretty easy for me. I've been exhausted at times and had difficultly finding food that both sounds good and is good for me. For awhile there I was eating lots of chili mac and ice cream. However, my body has adjusted and I feel very...normal. 
Starting last week, I started to notice my belly getting a little pudgy. Its not the nice round pregnant belly I was hoping for. It just looked like I ate too much ice cream and had developed a muffin top. I'm not one who deals well with being out of shape. I hated that my middle was expanding and I couldn't do much about it. I was working out still and my belly was still pudgy. I thought it was too early to be showing, I most really just be gaining weight. The scale disagreed. hmmm..
By Week 10, the pudgy belly started to take shape. I can feel it pushing out and growing sometimes. It is a very odd feeling but it's comforting too. I know our baby is in there growing and getting bigger. 

Today was my first ultrasound. Josh was out of town and was sad to have to miss it. But with cell phones these days, it was like he was there :) We got to see the little one moving around. They were SO excited! Both arms and legs were kicking. It was really cute. I tried not to cry and my doctor laughed. I guess they aren't normally that active this young lol I got to see the heartbeat. This machine doesn't have audio so we couldn't hear it. Plus, it's harder to this early on. Seeing the heartbeat drops your chances of miscarriage down to 3%, great fact from my doctor today :) By the measurements of the baby head to rump, I am actually a few days ahead of where they had guessed. Putting me at 10 weeks and 2 days instead of 9 weeks and 6days. It projected my due date for January 8th, however, since it's so close, my doctor isn't going to change the Jan. 11th due date. 
2 weeks left in the first trimester! Next ultrasound is in 4 weeks! Hopefully we will be able to see more of the baby by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment